Sunday, July 15, 2012

Proof - Chicago

Partied on 7/14/2012



Holy hangover helper!! I need one!! That being said you'd think I have many good things to say about Proof, but I don't. But I also don't have many bad things to say, simply put there's not much to say about Proof and that's good and bad.

Proof is located on Chicago's famous rush street and occupies the same space that Level occupied some time a go. It's a stone throws away from Le Passage, whoops I mean Board Room (seriously why do these clubs change names and or management almost yearly) and other bars and restaurants. So its in a perfect spot to party hop if you decide to do so.

On Proof's main level you have two bars lining one wall and are divided by an elevated DJ booth. On the opposite wall up a few steps you have lots of room to sit and chill if you have bottle service. This area is slightly lit and the decor is very nice. The rest of the club is super dark which can make for interesting situation when dancing with someone and not being able to see their face. The space between the bars and seating is the downstairs dance floor. On each end of the building you have stairs that take you to the second floor.

On the second floor there is a second DJ booth and another bar. Up here you'll also find lots of room to sit and you don't have to have bottle service, thank god!! Not everyone who wants to sit wants to pay a few $100 for a bottle worth $30 c'mon now people there's a recession out there, or so i hear.. Bathrooms are located upstairs and downstairs.

I told myself I wouldn't mention the crowd in my reviews of Chicago clubs just because I assumed it would always be the same, but given that there were a few birthday parties and bachelorette parties at Proof last night it made the night that much more enjoyable. Also I'm glad to report I didn't have any run in with tools and douches which was a pleasant surprise. This means either they weren't there or I was having too much fun with my friends to even notice. I must give props to their staff as everyone is super nice, even the bouncers which you don't see often.

Proof in a nutshell is a fun place to go when having a reason to go like someones birthday. It doesn't have anything that particularly stood out to me to make me want to go back on a regular basis. Maybe it was an off day I'm not sure. But purely because of location and that the staff is so friendly it's a place worth visiting.

P.S getting a $35 wristband to drink for free till 1(or was it 2?) is always a good idea $45 wristband gets you top shelf, but buying shots which aren't covered in the wristband...not a good idea haha.

Did you ever go to Proof? what do you think? Leave a comment down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment