Sunday, July 29, 2012

Enclave

Torn Up 7/28/2012



God I really hate waking up on Sundays… that being said you know I had a good time last night at Enclave during their Olympic Beach Bash Party.

As always the night started with a pregame which was held at my friends Wriggly Ville apartment,and we all know how good and bad of an idea it is to pregame, especially when you pregame harder than most people party. A few of us hopped into a car and took a nice drive down LSD (lake shore drive see image below).We park the car roughly half a mile or so from the car and proceed on foot only to see that forgot knows what reason there s a shit ton of cops out that night. We play it cool and go stuff our faces and McDonald's, because you know when u party hard you have to load up on fat and carbs. After a few more blocks of walking in we made it to the loft turned club enclave. And here where the shit hits the fan.

We were told that it’s free entry till midnight with the birthday party, BUT of course it is not. Its “always”till 11 says the bouncer. So we pay the$20 to get in. One of two things happened here either A) the club is just milking people for money (which they have the right no it’s a private establishment) or B) whoever the promoter is needs to learn his deals and promotions if he wants people to come back to him.

Walking in you enter a big open space with lots of couches lining the walls where you can sit. There are elevated tables in corners of the room and you have your first bar which gets completely surround and later in the evening it take a while to get a drink ($12 red bull vodka in a plastic cup WTF?!?!). There was a small “beachtent”? I don’t know what to call it set up in the middle of the dance floor to match all the floaties, beach balls, lifeguard towers and dancers dressed in swimwear which matched the theme of the party (THAT’S A PLUS). Some clubs don’t put any effort into the theme they set up. Passed the tent you have another bar the bathrooms (ridiculously SMALL) and the DJ booth which had a runway set up probably for that swimwear model show I did not even catch a minute of. Next to the DJ booth you had more eating and Tables. The music here was good, no one special was DJ at least to my knowledge but I didn’t hear a single song repeat and a lot of the music was HARD which I like so I had a blast.

I have to commend the security inside as well as I got to have a chat wit one due to a funny story. Funny story: I was dancing with this girl and went to dip her, but for some reason beyond my comprehension, maybe my low upper body strength (unlikely),maybe the momentum of her curvy behind being in motion (more likely) I proceeded to NOT ONLY drop her on her booty but fall over as well. I had a good laugh but she walked away, that was my last dance of the night. The bouncer that came up didn’treally give me shit just made sure we were ok, I apologized (NOT TO HER TO HIM)and the situation was over.

All in all I'd visit this place again birthday party or not, but if I’m being told free entry till a certain time I expect it or I’m walking away (I don’t like misinformation). A wristband here would be a no brainer since I don’t remember the last time I paid$12 for a vodka red bull, unless I just haven’t noticed the prices going up.But I don’t plan on doing that again. Wristbands at $45 and last from 10-1 I can make it pay for itself in 1 hour.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment